You’re invited to join Steptoe & Johnson for the next session in our Renewable Energy Webcast Series.
This presentation covers Colorado, Utah, California, Nevada, and federal law, along with an introduction to geothermal energy, how it’s captured, and its history in the U.S.
The speakers will also discuss:
- How geothermal resources are classified under the jurisdiction’s laws, i.e. water, mineral, or something in between
- How surface, water and/or mineral rights/ownership needed to develop geothermal resources are typically acquired
- What typical geothermal leasing/licensing terms look like, i.e. royalty rate and its basis, agreement term, on-site electricity use, and how production to maintain the agreement is established
- Agency(ies) that regulate geothermal resources, both in terms of production and distribution
- The potential for conflicts between geothermal generation and other land/geothermal resources uses, such as water/real estate projects, commercial hot springs, and aquaculture
?The session, by attorneys Brent D. Chicken and Joseph M. Negaard, is part of a series highlighting carbon neutral and renewable energy projects across the country.
This is an online event.
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
12:00 p.m. Eastern
This program has been approved for one credit for Continuing Education for NALTA and AAPL. NADOA Credit and CLE are pending, however they are expected to be approved.
IN THIS SERIES
February 2, 2022
Financing and Tax Credit Options for Renewable Projects
March 2, 2022
The Intersection of Rare Earth Minerals and Renewable Energy Projects
?April 6, 2022
Hydrogen Energy Projects: A Review of Legal Issues