NextEra Energy announced it plans to purchase a full or partial stake in several renewable energy projects for $805 million.
This would include a 49% interest in Emerald Breeze, a portfolio holding company that has about 1.5 GW of solar and wind generation resources.
Emerald Breeze owns the following projects:
- Great Prairie Wind, an approximately 1,029 MW wind generation facility located in Texas and Oklahoma
- Appaloosa Run Wind, an approximately 172 MW wind generation facility located in Texas
- Eight Point Wind, an approximately 111 MW wind generation facility located in New York
- Yellow Pine Solar, an approximately 125 MW solar generation and 65 MW storage facility located in Nevada
NextEra would also acquire 100% of the indirect membership interests in an approximately 345 MW portfolio of operating wind projects.
- Elk City Wind II, an approximately 107 MW wind generation facility in Oklahoma
- Sac County Wind, an approximately 80 MW wind generation facility in Iowa
- Sholes Wind, an approximately 160 MW wind generation facility in Nebraska
At the time of the closing, all the projects other than Appaloosa Run Wind, Eight Point Wind and Yellow Pine Solar will be operational, the company says. Appaloosa Run Wind and Eight Point Wind expected to be in service in December 2022, and Yellow Pine Solar is scheduled to begin operations toward the end of 2023.
This post appeared first on Power Engineering.